Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decade of life lessons...Kari style....


"Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most peopleoverestimate what they can accomplish in a year - and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!”

-Anthony Robbins


When this past decade began I was only 13 yrs old. I lived at home with my parents and was about to finish my last year of Junior high. I was Naive and quiet and extremely shy. How the years have gone by. I had different goals, friends, and a different attitude. Being young had its perks…. Ignorance is blisssss


These past Ten years have changed my goals from long-term to short-term; people have come and gone in my life; and my attitude now has a self-preservation overtone. Here is what I’ve captured from my decade of experiences.


DREAMS: I remember as a little girl my teachers always saying that life was not fair when someone would irately proclaim “That’s not Fair!” Well sad to say, this is the theme of our lives from that point on. I realized that at times your dreams have to be deferred for this, that , or the other. I made horrible decisions and I don’t stand by them. I should have finished what I started. It’s never too late to realize your mistakes and make improvements to better the future.

FRIENDS: There were people in these past years that came into my life at a time when I needed it and as quickly as they came they were gone; but I never got to thank them (Slightly evil Sarcastic undertone lol) . People will always think of themselves first; even those who claim they love you. Skanks. Some people, without motive, will murder you. A Liar is a Liar is a Liar. Don’t take advantage of your friends or take them for granted; I learned that the hard way. All is forgiven. You are forgotten.


ATTITUDE/ SELF: I learned a lot about people and human nature thus making me more cynical about what our humanity has become. I saw people and their intentions to be destructive to each other, myself included. I understood that sometimes your attitude is a badge you wear displaying all the pain you have endured. I learned that people will step all over you to get whatever it is they are after. Many hurt me, and I hurt many. They took advantage, I did too. I wish I would have never said NEVER!

Let’s just say it was a decade of learning. I will move forward to bigger and better things and leave behind all the trinkets I have collected this decade.


Cheers to new beginnings and adieu to old scars.
-Crazy Antics

No comments:

Post a Comment